practical resource for freelance writer.
- Combining activities
- Making money
- You're happy to be a freelancer
- What is an amount involved?
- Finding a freelance writer contract example
- An in-demand freelance writer
- Writing on marketing: tips for freelancers
- Getting profitable writing positions
- The search for profitable writing jobs
- Earning money as a freelance writer
- Searching for well-paid writing jobs
- Getting paid for freelance online writing
- Looking for a good content writing job
- Getting money for freelance writing
- Where to find a profitable position
- Landing a writing job for nurses
- Finding a well-paying position
- Writing services
- Getting a freelancer for your essay paper
- Salaries differ in terms of writing services
- Looking for good websites
- Hiring a freelance writer
- Being a freelance sports writer
- Freelance Internet magazine writing jobs
- Highly paid writing positions for rookies
- Finding article writing positions
- Looking for freelance writing jobs online
- Starting a career of a freelance writer
- Getting an academic creative writing job
- Remote Christian freelance writing position
- Finding freelance content writing jobs
Freelance Copywriter Is One Of The Most Demanding Writing Jobs
Freelance copywriters have one of the most demanding writing jobs. A freelance copywriter has to be able to capture the thoughts of the client. This is particularly difficult because most of the time the client is not a wordsmith (hence them hiring a professional) and therefore do not know what they want. All they know is that they want whatever “it” is now. Therefore it is almost as though a freelance copywriter must work to read minds and be able to craft the perfect prose.
It can be quite a challenge working with clients who have vague details or are unsure of exactly what they want. The reason for this is time and money. You are often paid per job for a copywriting job. That means you provide an estimate for your services at a fixed rate and they comply. But more often than not your fixed rate estimate might be for the average amount of time it takes you to write copy of the length required. For example: if they want three pages for their website and each should be between 200 and 300 words you might provide an estimate for just that. But in theory that may only take you two or three hours. However clients may ask for revisions and changes multiple times. You may finish the final product and turn it around only to have them decide they like it as “a start” but they decided now upon seeing it that they want something a bit different. They still may not know what precisely that something is. This is where you begin to lose a great deal of time and money.
When you sit down to work out the revisions it may take yet another hour. Then you send it back to the client only to have them send you links and files that they think might be helpful in terms of you guessing what else they want. They tell you that they want bits and pieces from each. The problem is that if you specified you will conduct revisions in the agreement many clients will abuse this and ask for five to ten different revisions without paying any over time. If you did not and they ask you for a revision you can tell them that you need to amend the original contract for extended funding or you can agree to do it for free because after all: the customer is always right.
But this brings with it the same time and money risks as they ask for more and more changes until they are finally happy with the product. This is not to say that all clients are like this but a good majority of them are. So it is important to fine tune the details of any contract before you get started as a freelance copywriter.
Tools for Freelancers
- Freelance writer's guide for beginners
- Searching for a technology writing job
- What do copywriters do?
- Business writing industry is waiting for you
- Personal improvement for freelancers
- Looking for technical writing websites
- Select your writing position
- Good freelance writing positions
- Working for a reputable writing site
- Finding a good freelance writing position
- Does writing come easy to you?
- Engaging a freelance writer properly
- A few words about freelance writers union
- Coordinating with the clients at a distance
- What freelancers usually do
- How to work properly staying at home
- Finding freelance writing websites
- Where to find freelance writing jobs
- Write about science earning more
- What you should do as a reelance writer
- Teenagers want to work as well: writing jobs
- Freelance writer's supporting material
- Tips for finding the best job
- Getting a job of a freelance medical writer
- Getting writing jobs easily
- Help me build a writing career
- Being a freelance writer
- Tutorial on freelance blog writing
- Online job boards: using them for free
- Is it worth becoming a freelance writer?
- Obtaining an online freelance writing job
- Networking for writers
- Writing fictional material: useful tips
- Obtaining writing experience online
- In search of a freelance writing job online
- A freelance writer's tutorial
- Features of copywriting
- A few words about the writing opportunities
- Peculiarities of being a freelancer
- How to get a highly paid freelance writer job
- Working online: finding a job
- Working in freelance writing business
- Freelancing is a solution for your budget
- How to get a good writing job
- Do you need a freelance writer?
Looking for writing job? Try this website for freelance writers.
Are you a writer? Get your writing job now at writingjobz.com